Nukes are one of the most powerful weapons in Battle Dawn and can change a war when used. So what do nukes do? Nukes affect ops, squads and colonies. When an op is hit by a nuke,
- it will be downgraded if it were upgraded
- its control ticks will be reset (set to 0)
- there will be radiation for the next 6-12 ticks
- all planted agents in the target will be killed
Nukes kill 10% of all units in the target and leave all surviving units at 1 HP. Nukes effect two types of squads:
- Squads leaving the target when the nuke is 1 tick away from landing
- Squads stationary in the target when the nuke lands
Squads that are NOT effected:
- Any squad landing at the same time of the nuke
- Any squad landing after the nuke does
- Any squad that leaves the target when the nuke is ETA 2 or greater
Not only do nukes affect squads, they also kill workers if they hit a colony. Shields do not delay nukes. Nukes kill 10% of the colony's workers upon impact. The number rounds down so if you have less than 1 worker that can be killed (less than 10 workers in your colony), no workers will be killed. Example:
- You have 692 workers.
- You were hit by a nuke
- Immediately, 692/10=69 (rounded down from 69.2) workers would be killed, lowering the population to 692-62=630 workers
Construction of Nukes
- Build the Missile Factory (Level 5 Command Structure)
- Upgrade an Outpost to a Nuclear Silo (requires 1000 )
- On the Outpost, click "Arm" to equip the Silo with a Nuke (requires 500 , 24 ) The arming clock counts down, from 24 to 1.
Note: If the silo is taken while it is arming, it will stop arming, and require another 24 control ticks and 24 ticks to arm.
Use of Nukes
- Once a Nuke is built, it will remain over the Silo like a squad
- An armed Nuke Silo counts towards your total worker upkeep
- Nukes can be launched similar to the manner in which a squad is deployed -- by clicking on the unit and then choosing its destination
- The minimum travel time for Nukes is 6 , and the maximum travel time is 24 .
- Increasing the distance of the attack affects the launch cost proportionally
- To launch a nuke you need to have 25
- When a Nuke is launched, there are only two ways to prevent it from reaching its target. One is to initiate a self-destruct; Nukes cannot be recalled like squads. The other way is that the target would have to fire on it with an Ion Cannon.
- Nukes cost 1 worker per day to maintain (Including when they're in flight). This doesn't apply when the silo is being armed.